Friday, July 19, 2013

All or Nothing

We did our spiritual math this week in looking at Galatians 5.  The most impactful discovery for me was the quote from Timothy Keller, " You can't add to Christ without subtracting Christ."  He is either all value or no value. Wow.  It is forcing me to look at the ways I might be adding to Christ in my own life. Am I holding onto grace while living by works? 
I love that Paul encourages the Galatians in verse 5 to await the righteousness for which we have hope instead of striving for it.  Then he defines hope as "A powerful assurance and certainty of something." Hope is not doubtful! Now that is encouraging to me.

So many of the things we talked about this week reminded us of what we have been looking at all year, such as, speaking Truth to ourselves, that we are seen as radiant, glorious, beautiful and perfect by God, and that we are  free to love others when we believe how perfectly we are loved.

Your assignment this week is to read and mark Galatians 6 and read Chapters 7 and 8 in the book.

Remember to pray for our sisters who are on mission trips. Samantha is in Haiti and Emily and Ashlyn (I think) are headed to Peru today. Also remember Hannah Riley at leadership camp. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Praying for all of you!

We will be at my house next week. 

Love,
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment