Sunday, June 9, 2013

Galatians for You!

Beloved!

 I was so happy seeing your sunkissed faces on Wednesday, and am delighted that we are diving into the Word together this summer. Hearing your voiced read aloud Galatians was a beautiful sound and it has echoed in my mind all week. I love hearing you read God's Word, I love your questions, and I love the discovery process with you. I learn so much from you. This is why studying the Word together is so great because we get to see how God teaches each of us where we are, and we learn more.

Let's recap what we learned through our overview:
  • Paul wrote to the church in Galatia.
  • Paul teaches that the gospel is not only the way to enter the kingdom, it is the way to live as part of the kingdom. It is the way Christ transforms us.
  • Christians need the gospel just as much as non-Christians.
  • Three things that help us understand Galatians:
  1. Galatians addressed the social and racial division in the churches there.
  2. They were preaching a different gospel (Christ +)
  3. The intended audience is believers in Christ.
God's Word is living and active. Paul's letter to the Galatians is just as relevant to us today as it was back then when he wrote it. I hope you find lots of quiet moments to explore this book and discover what God has to teach you in it. He longs to spend time with you!

Can't wait to see you all on Wednesday at 1pm at my house.
If you got your book from Jess this week go ahead and read chapter one.

Love you!

barb

No comments:

Post a Comment