Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not My Plan

I am not the kind of person that always has a plan. I don't have to order every day step by step and stick to it. In fact, if I have too many days like that in a row I start to feel confined and controlled by the schedule. That is why I love summer so much. There is no schedule, or not much of one any way, and I can let each day unfold naturally. Oh I still have to get things done, but I'm not watching the clock so much. Everything is more relaxed and easy.
While I am not overscheduled this summer, and I am letting some days unfold naturally, there have been some things the Lord has brought into my life that I never saw coming. I NEVER would have chosen them. They come as gifts, these "things" and I unwrap them and look up at Him and say, "Is this for me?" I wonder. I have been walking with the Lord a long time. Long enough to know that He knows better than me. He is the author and finisher of my faith. He knows what I need to learn in order to grow and look more like Him. He knows. I know He knows. So I accept these gifts He gives even though they come with pain, discouragement, sadness and some fear. I lose myself in the wrestling with them, but I know that I am not lost to Him. My name is written on His hand so even when I cannot find myself He knows where I am. He knows me.

It is good to be known, and to know that when I am lost in my life I am still found in Him.

I cannot wait to see you today, and share in the Truth of God's word together.

I love ya'll!

b

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mrs. Barb! I really wish I could've come today.. but I had Driver's Ed today until 4:30. :( I love you all and miss you a bunch!!! I hope I can come next week!!

    ReplyDelete